When I was a little girl, I would play make-believe with my best friend. We made up stories about living in the outdoors, being orphans and having to take care of ourselves, being animals, being princess, being - well, really anything we wanted to be at that moment. I remember when we picked what age we were going to "be" that I almost always picked 26. Why? I don't know. But it seemed like a good responsible age. Leave it to my independent self to know that when I was 8 years old, being able to take care of myself would be a huge source of pride.
Well, now that I'm 27 and my year of being 26 is over, I can safely say that childhood Kelsey was right - being 26 is awesome! So in honor of my birthday, here is my recap of the last year!
1. My little sister got married!
2. We ran a 10K...
3. I started Chickadee Events...
4. AND a new full-time job.
5. Our good friends Ande and Jon got married!
6. We went on a vacation to Hawaii (and celebrated our one year anniversary!)
7. We ran a half-marathon!
8. We upgraded the floors in the house, and got a new couch!
9. We hosted our New Year's Day Dinner...
10. And we went skiing/snowboarding! Kevin snowboarded, I went skiing. This has been on our bucket list since we started dating so it was nice to finally make it happen!